The Pure Project
Many parts of the world do not have clean, drinkable water
Together We Can Make A Difference
It should be everyone’s right to have clean water.
You Own It
You and I have the ownership of making a difference in places of need.
Our ability to go and take filters and provide clean water sources gives you the flexibility to make a difference through partnership.
Lets Create Impact
All We Need Is Teamwork
Clean Water is precious
Everyday all over the world, most of us take for granted clean, safe, drinkable water.
We drink, play, and even wash without giving it a second though.
- Worldwide, 780 million people do not have access to an improved water source.
- An estimated 2.5 billion people lack access to improved sanitation. (more than 35% of the world’s population)
- An estimated 801,000 children younger than 5 years of age perish from diarrhea each year.
- Unsafe drinking water, inadequate availability of water for hygiene, and lack of access to sanitation together contribute to about 88% of deaths from diarrheal diseases.
- Worldwide, millions of people are infected with neglected tropical diseases (NTDs), many of which are water and/or hygiene-related, such as Guinea Worm Disease, Buruli Ulcer, Trachoma, and Schistosomiasis. These diseases are most often found in places with unsafe drinking water, poor sanitation, and insufficient hygiene practices.
why is there a concern about the water
Besides just parasites, virus, and bacteria; there is also the concern of chemicals from:
- Trash disposal
- Petroleum spills
Not to mention 75% of Peru’s total area is in the amazon rain forest.